Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Day 7 - 8/29/17 (ONE WEEK HERE!)

Today I had my first big day of classes! I was up and in class by 8:30 this morning where I started my day off with my history class. I'm taking a class called 20th Century Europe and the World and even after one day I think it's going to be a super interesting course. After that class, I have about an hour break in between classes, so Lea and I went to check out this bagel shop that is located between our two campuses. They have bagels with cream cheese and then you can add anything you'd like onto the bagel. It kind of reminds me a little bit of Bruegger's Bagels back home! After our little bagel trip, I had Italian so I headed back to campus for class. Italian was actually super fun. Our professor is Italian and doesn't speak to us in a lot of English and made the class really interactive while at the same time teaching us how to say different things. It was definitely my favorite class I'm in and I'm really excited to be able to learn part of a new language. Right after Italian, I had my literature class that was a class called Introduction to the Novel. Our professor started out the class by walking in and saying "I'm not trying to scare anyone off but if you're not an English major I would highly suggest dropping this course and taking a different Lit class." Turns out he assigns about 100 pages of reading a night for the course so Lea and I decided to switch to a different Literature class, Intro to Lit. After our classes were done for the day, Lea and I made a stop at the grocery store to pick up some things that we (more I than her) could cook for dinner. We found some hamburger patties and some chicken that we figured we could cook up. So, we went back and decided to have some hamburgers for dinner. I cooked them up in a frying pan and they looked pretty amazing might I add (Thanks toGrandpa Bud for teaching me how to cook burgers:). After we sat down to eat, I went to take a huge bite of it and IT WAS NOT HAMBURGER. It tasted more like sausage on a bun which I am not a huge fan of. Since everything in our grocery store is in Italian, we had to rely more on pictures to figure out what we were eating and there was a cow on the wrapping so I thought we were safe!! But it turns out that they have a lot of different kinds of ground beef from different breeds of cow and so Lea and I think we got some funky breed but were still not really 100% sure what we ate last night! Aside from that, last night was a fun night and we spent the rest of the evening planning more trips and trying to get things booked with our roommates.

P.S. Sorry, no pics from yesterday. I forgot to take a picture of my funky burger!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the rest of you first week of classes was good. I'm impressed with all your cooking adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Weekend in Athens, Greece

I can't help but think about how grateful I am to have this opportunity to travel and see so much of the world. We spent this past weeke...