Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Days 5 & 6 - 8/27/17 & 8/28/17

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't posted anything the last couple of days, I've been super busy with finishing up orientation, starting classes and booking weekend trips! That's pretty much what I did a majority of the day Sunday. I slept in during the morning and then when I woke up I started working on trip planning. I've been trying to cook for myself more at our apartment so I made myself a scrambler with some eggs, peppers, onions and olives in it:). It was pretty delicious. Sunday night, Lea and I got dressed up and went out to an RA event that our RA was throwing, called an apertivo. It's something they do here in Italy and probably other places too but they have drinks and light appetizers at bars before everyone goes to dinner and then out afterwards. I tried this drink at the bar we went to called the London Collins and it was actually really good. I can't remember what exactly was in it but I know it had some ginger (you could taste that!) After the apertivo, we decided that we wanted to try somewhere new for dinner, so we walked around Trastevere and found a cool place that looked like it had a good menu. Over here, every street you walk down, they have people standing outside the restaurants trying to get you to come get a table at their's. It kind of makes you feel a little bit like a celebrity:). Anyways, I decided to try something different other than the typical pasta and pizza and I got some chicken and salad and it was super good. They had some really good spice on the chicken and I ate every bite of it. Once we finished dinner, both of us were super tired and had stuff to get ready for our first day of classes the next day, so we decided to walk around for a little bit before heading back to our apartment where we got our backpacks together and planned some more trip stuff before heading to bed. On Monday, I don't have class until 4:30 pm, so I woke up early to go with Lea across the river to get her some notebooks, get a fan for my room (we don't have any AC so it's SO HOT) and I also got a new, Italian sim card for my phone so that I could have data to use maps to find my way around. Because I have this new sim card, I can no longer be reached on my old number so if you would like to text/call me you can download the app WhatsApp. That's how I've been communicating with my parents and some friends. I can video call, regular call and text off this app. After our little shopping excursion, we headed to campus for our first class here. STATISTICS:/. It actually wasn't too bad and my professor seems really cool and has pretty good English so I'm not super worried about the class. Once we got out of class, we went out to dinner with our roommates to celebrate the first day of classes. I had this super good fettuccine ala bolognese. Once dinner ended, most everyone was super wiped from the first day of classes, so we headed back to the apartment and crashed. I'll try and make sure I get more posts up on a regular basis, but for now that's what's been going on with me the last couple of days!

Chicken dinner I had while out with Lea

Fettuccine alla bolognese!

AMAZING fudge cake we ordered to celebrate school starting

Roommates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Athens, Greece

I can't help but think about how grateful I am to have this opportunity to travel and see so much of the world. We spent this past weeke...