Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile, things have been crazy busy with school picking up and figuring out how to balance classes while still finding the time to explore. So, a lot has been happening since I last posted to my blog. On Sunday, September 3rd, Lea and I took a day trip to Naples and got a chance to explore the city which was super super cool. It's right on the sea so the view was amazing and the weather wasn't crazy hot! While in Naples, we got to check out the Castle of Saint Elmo, which is a castle that sits on top of the city and overlooks pretty much everything. It was about a 45 minute hike filled with constant incline but it was completely worth it when we got up to the top and had the best view of the city of Naples. Last week was pretty normal between going to classes, doing homework and cooking meals. I got all my trips booked with both Lea and our other roommates, so I'll be traveling around pretty much every weekend for the remainder of the semester. Lea and I actually leave tomorrow for our first out of the country trip. We're headed to Nice, France and are going to spend a day in Monte Carlo as well. As for my other trips, I'm headed to Athens, Paris, London, Krakow, Barcelona, Madrid, Amalfi Coast and Tuscany but not in that order! This past weekend, my roommates and I made the trip to Florence to check out Brunelleschi's dome and the statue of David. It was such a pretty city and actually reminded me a lot of Rome in the way that it's set up, it's just not quite as big. We only were there for one night, so two days but I'm kind of glad because it's a pretty pricy city! We went out on Saturday night to explore the city and ended up coming across a bar that had a bunch of college t-shirts hung up all over the walls. They had a Creighton one hanging up, so the owner took it down and let us sign it which was super cool! Overall, it was a really great weekend trip! We ended up getting heart shaped pizzas from a little pizza parlor and they were AMAZING. Probably the best pizza I've had yet since being here. Since getting back, I've just been focusing on schoolwork this week and looking forward to this weekend. Classes have been going well and I really like them for the most part (except maybe not statistics all that much). Right now, I'm about to head out for dinner with my roommates to some local Japanese restaurant that is supposedly super good so I'll have to let you know how it goes. I promise I'm going to be posting more now that I have more of a schedule going and I will post pictures below so you can check out the start to my weekend travels!
P.S. Fun fact about my trip to Naples, I got attacked by a dang pigeon while I was there. I was sitting outside at a restaurant for lunch and all of a sudden something was pecking at my toe and trying to eat it so I kicked my leg and looked down and there was a pigeon just standing by my foot looking at me! So many pigeons here, it definitely takes some getting used to, and it doesn't help that they all seem to have no fear when it comes to being around humans.
 |
| Naples |
 |
| View of Naples |
 |
| Standing in Castle of Saint Elmo overlooking Naples |
 |
| Brunelleschi's Dome in Florence |
 |
| Signing the Creighton shirt in Florence |
Thanks for the update. Love the pictures. Glad to hear things are going well.
ReplyDeleteIt all looks and sounds amazing. You arevgoing to have such great memories ,Hannah.! can't wait to join you
ReplyDelete