Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Day 1 - 8/23/2017

Day 1 in Rome is coming to a close. Lea and I had an insane day of flying filled with 2 flight delays missing our connecting flight in NYC and getting rebooked for a later flight at 10pm to Rome. We just barely made our flight in NYC after having to go through security a second time and sprinting through the airport to find our gate. We finally made it onto the plane and then storms hit, so we sat on the runway for another 2 hours. By the time we took off it was 12am and I was exhausted. I slept most of the flight and we landed in Rome at around 2pm (Rome time). From there, we got shuttled from the airport to our apartment building. (I don't have pictures of it yet but I will take some and post them!) I got unpacked a bit and then we had a safety meeting to get to so we got to walk a bit through Rome and along the river to get to campus. When the meeting finished, Lea and I walked around town a bit and found a super cute looking restaurant. We ended up eating there for dinner and had pasta and wine for dinner. (My first legal drink!) After dinner we started our walk back to campus and ran into a little gelato place where we stopped and I got the lemon and mint gelato. Super super good! We stopped and got a couple groceries and went back to our apartment. Lea and I are in an apartment with four other girls. Since then, I've just been unpacking more and getting some school stuff together. Looking forward to some more tours tomorrow and really getting settled in here in Rome! It's such a pretty place and although it's been a pretty crazy start, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming months here:)


My dinner tonight - Pasta al pesto with some Pinot Grigio

A cool building I spotted on our walk back to the apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Athens, Greece

I can't help but think about how grateful I am to have this opportunity to travel and see so much of the world. We spent this past weeke...